Winter Leadership Training Webinar Series - Join Us!
posted on January 20
It is not too late to register! Join us!
Winter Leadership Training Webinar Series
Rather than hosting in-person events in each district, our conference will again offer a series of Conference-wide training webinars during the week of January 23-27 to resource and equip all areas of your Church leadership. Find the full schedule below. More detailed descriptions of each of the webinars are available here on the conference website.
Sunday, January 23
- 2:00 p.m. - Pastor/Staff-Parish Relations Committees: Building Relationships for the Mission. Each attendee will also have an opportunity for Q/A with their own Superintendent during the last portion of the workshop. Pastors are encouraged to attend.
Who Will Benefit: P/SPRC chairs and members, pastors. Led by: Rev. Laura Auten, Uwharrie District Superintendent, and Rev. Bev Coppley, Northern Piedmont District Superintendent.
- 5:00 p.m. - Keynote with Bishop Carter
Monday, January 24 at 7:00 p.m.
- Strategizing Local Church Stewardship and Finance in a Pandemic/Post-Pandemic World (For Newly Elected/Novice Finance Leaders). Who will benefit from this workshop: Novice Or Newly Elected Church Finance Leaders (Treasurers, Financial Secretaries, Finance Committee chairs, and members). Led by: Rev. Dr. Mark King, Conference Treasurer, and Rev. David Snipes, President of the United Methodist Foundation of Western North Carolina
- Simple Accountable Structure: Give Your Committees a Makeover! Who would benefit from the workshop? Pastors and any church leaders. Led by: Rev. Fredrick Bowman, District Vitality Associate in the Catawba Valley District, Rev. Dr. Stephanie Moore Hand, District Vitality Associate in the Metro District, and Rev. Rob Hutchison, Director of Church Development
Tuesday, January 25 at 7:00 p.m.
- Serving Your Church as Lay Leader. Who would benefit from the workshop? Local Church Lay Leaders, especially those who are new to the role or who are seeking to understand the role more fully. Led by: John Crane, Conference Lay Leader, Russ Darnall, Blue Ridge District Lay Leader, and Kim Eller, Northern Piedmont District Lay Leader
- Strategizing Local Church Stewardship and Finance in a Pandemic/Post Pandemic World (For Veteran or Returning Church Finance Leaders). Who will benefit from this workshop: Veteran or Returning Church Finance Leaders (Treasurers, Financial Secretaries, Finance Committee chairs, and members). Led by: Rev. Dr. Mark King, Conference Treasurer, and Rev. David Snipes, President of the United Methodist Foundation of Western North Carolina
Wednesday, January 26 at 7:00 p.m.
- BOTH/AND: To Be Continued. Join Jason Moore for a follow-up to the popular BOTH/AND webinar. Who will benefit? Pastors, tech folks, hospitality team members, laypeople. Led by: Jason Moore and Rev. Rob Hutchinson, Director of Church Development
- The Work and Ministry of Local Church Trustees. Who will benefit? Local Church Trustees; Pastors. Led by: Rev. Amy Coles, Assistant to the Bishop
Thursday, January 27 at 7:00 p.m.
- “Will We Ever Be Enough?” Celebration as a Source for Strengthening Communities. Who will benefit? Chair of Nurture, Outreach, Witness, Missions Committee persons, Lay Leaders. Led by: Erin Burleson and Brian Mateer, Associate Director of Missional Engagement
Also, a Northern Piedmont District opportunity coming up to learn more about the special pricing that the conference has negotiated with Amplify Media:
The Amplify Media introductory session for the Northern Piedmont District will be held on Thursday, February 3, 2022, at 7:00pm. To connect to this session, please use this Zoom link.
Do you have a scheduling conflict with our Northern Piedmont District introductory session? That's okay! You can attend one of the sessions hosted in other districts. Dates and times for all sessions are available at this link!
The conference has negotiated a partnership with the United Publishing House (UMPH) to offer their online platform, Amplify Media, at a deeply discounted rate for all churches/charges in the Western NC Conference.
If you aren't familiar with Amplify Media, it is home to thousands of study, worship, training, and devotional videos for all ages. This is trusted content from publishers like Cokesbury, Abingdon, and Sparkhouse that has been vetted through a Wesleyan lens by the UMPH. Depending on the type of subscription, your churches/charge can view the videos online, host live video small group studies, and even upload your own content (sermons, worship services, etc.)
Our UMPH partners will host an introductory session online to show you what Amplify is all about and how it can enhance your congregation's discipleship ministry. Clergy and church leaders who attend the introductory call and sign up for a new Amplify subscription will get 2 months free + 4 months at 75% off the regular price. Meaning, churches/charges can get 6 months of Amplify for a total cost as low as $25! (And, don't worry about getting tricked into any long-term commitments. You can cancel the subscription at any time.)
Already have an Amplify subscription? Look for an email from the conference in the coming weeks with information about a special offer for you, too!
Questions? Please contact your conference Training and Resource Specialist Havaleh Havelka at firstname.lastname@example.org or 704-535-2260.